Our commitment to you and your family’s overall health and well-being remains our highest priority in these unsettling times. We want you to know, we are still here and we support you.
For those in orthodontic treatment, we want to assure you that this doesn’t mean your treatment is on hold or delayed. In order to continue treatment progress, we’ve put together a guide for managing your treatment at home and to answer common questions you may have.
- Continue to wear and change your aligners as prescribed.
- Continue to wear your elastics as prescribed.
- If you have completed wearing all aligners you received at your last appointment, please continue using your last aligner until further notice.
- Continue elastics as prescribed.
- If you have a poky wire, see if you can trim it with a cuticle scissor or a small nail clipper.
- If you run out of wax, for sake of convenience, you may purchase some at your local drugstore in the dental hygiene aisle or we can mail you some.
- If you have a broken bracket, that’s okay! We will fix it when we reopen.
- Avoid sticky, chewy foods.
- Brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash to keep your mouth clean.
- Continue to do your prescribed turns.
- Once you have finished your prescribed turns, stop turning.
- If you have questions or concerns about your expander, please call our office.
- Brush your teeth and keep your mouth & appliance clean.
- Continue to wear them as prescribed.
- If your retainer is lost or broken, please contact us so we can schedule an appointment once we return to normal operations.
If you have a true dental emergency, please call our office at 844-616-5437 and we will assist you.
We look forward to resuming our normal operations as soon as we can. We’ll continue to update you as more information becomes available. In the meantime, we wish all of our patients and families good health and safety.