Mail order aligner systems have been marketing directly to consumers as a cheaper and easier way to get orthodontic treatment. However, when you want the best for your kiddo’s smile, there are many factors to consider and there is no match for professional orthodontic care.
Here are the top 5 most important things to consider:
- They are meant for simpler cases – Most mail order programs treat small or easy straightening issues, and don’t handle complex cases, or bite issues. Our orthodontists can treat any case, and we conveniently offer pediatric, as well as oral surgery, so you get a one-stop shop!
- They are only for ages 12 and up – Phase 1 orthodontic care can start as early as age 7. Kids Care orthodontists can provide traditional braces or Invisalign® clear aligners to kiddos in phase 1 treatment. However, mail order companies are only for teens and adults.
- Mail-order aligners monitor you virtually – Mail order companies keep track of your progress through virtual appointments, using images you provide. These images may not provide an accurate view of what is happening during treatment. Visiting your orthodontist in person allows them to closely monitor your child’s teeth and view them personally. We will make adjustments to treatment and catch any small issues that need to be addressed so your treatment is not delayed.
- You may have to create your own dental impressions – And who wants to do that? Mail order aligners often require you to make impressions of your teeth at home and mail them in for analysis. If not done correctly, an improper fit means the aligners won’t do their job. Kids Care offers many imaging options, including our iTero digital scanner created for Invisalign treatment. It creates an interactive 3-D map of your child’s teeth so you can have the most accurate custom treatment plan.
- They are a new technology – While mail order companies are a new concept, Invisalign has been around for a very long time and has served over 9 million giggly smiles! Invisalign aligners are also FDA approved. This means that you can trust your child will receive reliable, consistent results.
Want to learn more about our orthodontic treatment? Give us a call at 844.616.5437 to schedule your child’s consultation and see if Invisalign treatment is a fit for you!