An update to our patients & families
To our valued members of the Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics family:
On Aug. 5, 2021, California began to implement vaccine and COVID-19 testing mandates for ALL health care workers, including dental providers. We, as a health care organization, are working diligently to ensure we are compliant with these mandates and any other state or county health requirements that may be announced. As health care professionals, we understand how important it is for everyone eligible to receive a vaccine and help combat the spread of COVID-19.
To prepare for your upcoming appointments, Kids Care will not require temperature checks upon visiting our practice, but we will ask you to complete a screening questionnaire. In consideration of CDC, the American Dental Association, and CalOSHA recommendations we do require masks be worn by everyone inside our practice, even those fully vaccinated. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Your Kids Care team has nearly 350 dentists and clinical staff across nearly 30 locations. We believe dental care is health care, and your health and safety is our top priority.
Our offices remain open under COVID-19 protocols with proper personal protective equipment and medical-grade air filtration systems. From May 2020 to August 2021, we saw more than 500,000 patients and guardians and are pleased to report zero COVID transmissions.
Below you may find some answers to the most frequently asked questions, and if you do not find the information you need, please don’t hesitate to contact us, so we can help.
Is it appropriate to keep or schedule my child’s next appointment amidst the continued COVID-19 concerns?
Yes. While social distancing remains important, it is equally important to keep your child’s dental health a priority. Declines in dental care over the past several months have resulted in delayed treatment and the worsening of oral health conditions. We encourage you to continue your child’s regular preventive dental care with us.
Is the office clean and safe?
Absolutely. While we have continued to employ the Centers for Disease Control and state and local health and safety recommendations, we also installed a medical-grade, turbocharged air “scrubber” that removes 99.9% of particles and bacteria, including COVID-19, in many of our practices.
Rest assured, we already:
- Employ the highest level of sanitation practices in the treatment areas
- Maintain rigorous personal hygiene requirements in all areas of the practice
- Supply hand sanitizing stations for patients, families and staff
- Actively engage a clinical advisory council of esteemed medical specialists to provide critical oversight on policies and procedures
Additionally, we have:
- Installed safety barriers in the open bays and at our check-in/check-out desks
- Increased training and support to our employees in order to better assist our patients and families
- Daily wellness checks to confirm the health of each employee prior to seeing patients
- Increased frequency of surface disinfection in high traffic areas such as our reception areas
- Screening of patients and families for illness prior to their visit
Do I need to wear a mask?
Yes. It is a California requirement for all — including those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 — to wear a mask when obtaining health care services. Please review California guidelines with any concerns or exceptions by clicking here.
Is there anything else I should do differently for my post-COVID visit?
We encourage patients and families to continue to practice safe social distancing, obtain a COVID-19 vaccine, wear a mask, and to reschedule your child’s appointment if you or anyone in your family are sick.