Thank you for completing the request an appointment form on our website. We have received your information. A Customer Care Representative will contact you within 24 hours. If you need to speak with us right away, please give us a call at 844-616-5437. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards,
The Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics Family

Rancho Cordova, California – 03/07/2024, CDC Dental Management, Co., LLC (dba Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics or “Kids Care”) has learned of a data security incident that may have impacted data belonging to certain employees and patients.

On June 17, 2023, Kids Care became aware of unusual activity that disrupted access to certain systems. Upon discovering this activity, we took steps to secure our digital environment. We also engaged leading cybersecurity experts to assist with an investigation and to determine whether personal information may have been accessed or acquired without authorization in conjunction with the attack. The investigation revealed that an unknown actor gained access to and obtained certain data from the Kids Care network on or about June 15, 2023. Kids Care then worked with additional experts to conduct a comprehensive review of the impacted data to determine what personal information was involved. This process was completed on February 29, 2024.

The personal and protected health information that may have been involved in the incident varied by individual but included the following: individuals’ names, Social Security numbers, driver’s license or state identification numbers, dates of birth, medical information, diagnosis, diagnosis code, treatment information, provider name, treatment location, health insurance information, billing/claim information, health benefit plan number, and subscriber member number.

As soon as we discovered the incident, Kids Care took the steps referenced above. Kids Care also notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation and will provide whatever cooperation is necessary to hold the perpetrators accountable, possible. Kids Care takes the security and privacy of personal information in its possession very seriously and is taking additional steps to prevent a similar event from occurring in the future.

To date, Kids Care is not aware of any evidence of the misuse of any information potentially involved in this incident. However, on March 6, 2024, Kids Care mailed notice of this incident to potentially impacted individuals for which Kids Care had identifiable address information. In this notification letter, Kids Care provided information about the incident and about steps that potentially affected individuals can take to protect their information. Kids Care also offered individuals access to complimentary identity protection services through CyEx.

Kids Care has established a toll-free call center to answer questions about the incident and to address related concerns. Call center representatives are available Monday through Friday between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Time and can be reached at 1.844.720.2798. All affected individuals may qualify for complimentary identity protection services through CyEx. Individuals who have not received a notification letter must obtain verification of eligibility through the call center to enroll in services.

At Kids Care, we take the privacy and security of all information within our possession very seriously. Thank you for your understanding about this incident.

While we are not aware of the misuse of any affected individual’s information, we are providing the following information to help those who want to know more about steps they can take to protect themselves and their personal information:

What steps can I take to protect my personal information?
• Please notify your financial institution immediately if you detect any suspicious activity on any of your accounts, including unauthorized transactions or new accounts opened in your name that you do not recognize. You should also promptly report any fraudulent activity or any suspected incidents of identity theft to proper law enforcement authorities.
• You can request a copy of your credit report, free of charge, directly from each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. To do so, free of charge once every 12 months, please visit or call toll free at 1-877-322-8228. Contact information for the three nationwide credit reporting agencies is listed at the bottom of this page.
• You can take steps recommended by the Federal Trade Commission to protect yourself from identify theft. The FTC’s website offers helpful information at
• Additional information on what you can do to better protect yourself is included in your notification letter.

How do I obtain a copy of my credit report?
You can obtain a copy of your credit report, free of charge, directly from each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. To order your credit report, free of charge once every 12 months, please visit or call toll free at 1-877-322-8228, or by completing an Annual Credit Report Request Form and mailing it to Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348 . Use the following contact information for the three nationwide credit reporting agencies:

P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374

P.O. Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013

P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19016

How do I put a fraud alert on my account?
You may consider placing a fraud alert on your credit report. This fraud alert statement informs creditors to possible fraudulent activity within your report and requests that your creditor contact you prior to establishing any accounts in your name. To place a fraud alert on your credit report, contact Equifax, Experian or TransUnion and follow the Fraud Victims instructions. To place a fraud alert on your credit accounts, contact your financial institution or credit provider. Contact information for the three nationwide credit reporting agencies is included in the letter and is also listed at the bottom of this page.

How do I put a security freeze on my credit reports?
You also have the right to place a security freeze on your credit report. A security freeze is intended to prevent credit, loans and services from being approved in your name without your consent. To place a security freeze on your credit report, you need to make a request to each consumer reporting agency. You may make that request by certified mail, overnight mail, or regular stamped mail, or online by following the instructions found at the websites listed below. You will need to provide the following information when requesting a security freeze (note that if you are making a request for your spouse, this information must be provided for him/her as well): (1) full name, with middle initial and any suffixes; (2) Social Security number; (3) date of birth; (4) address. You may also be asked to provide other personal information such as your email address, a copy of a government-issued identification card, and a copy of a recent utility bill or bank or insurance statement. It is essential that each copy be legible, display your name and current mailing address, and the date of issue. There is no charge to place, lift, or remove a freeze. You may obtain a security freeze by contacting any one or more of the following national consumer reporting agencies:

Equifax Security Freeze
PO Box 105788
Atlanta, GA 30348

Experian Security Freeze
PO Box 9554
Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion (FVAD)
PO Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022

What should I do if my family member was involved in the incident and is deceased?
You may choose to notify the three major credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian and Trans Union, and request they flag the deceased credit file. This will prevent the credit file information from being used to open credit. To make this request, mail a copy of your family member’s death certificate to each company at the addresses below.

Equifax Information Services
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374

Experian Information Services
P.O. Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013

Transunion Information Services
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

What should I do if my minor child or protected person’s information was involved in the incident?

You can request that each of the three national credit reporting agencies perform a manual search for a minor’s or protected person’s Social Security number to determine if there is an associated credit report. Copies of identifying information for the minor and parent/guardian may be required, including birth or adoption certificate, Social Security card and government issued identification card. If a credit report exists, you should request a copy of the report and immediately report ay fraudulent accounts to the credit reporting agency. You can also report any misuse of a minor’s information to the FTC at For more information about Child Identity Theft and instructions for requesting a manual Social Security number search, visit the FTC website: Contact information for the three credit reporting agencies may be found above.

Fun without loads of sugar

Turn Candy into Cash!

Brushing up for School

Dental Emergencies: What to do When Summer Fun is Interrupted